From £350.- (no VAT)
Why use FEA?
- Check a component is strong enough to do the job
- Highlight deformation in components
- Locate likely areas of fatigue or fracture
- Improve Strength to Weight Ratio of components
- Check thermal conductivity across a component or assembly
What have we used this on previously?
- Sports Prototype wishbones and hubs
- Gearbox pick up points on aluminium castings
- Induction components for heat transfer with air flow
- Saloon Car splitter design to check deformation at high speed
- Kit Car RoPs (Roll Cages) to prove safety margins in case of accident
- Kart and Race Car Chassis to check Torsional Rigidity
What do we include in the cost?
- Onsite visit to scan or measure component if required
- Post processing of point cloud data if required
- Creation of surface or solid CAD models if required
- FEA derived Stress, Deflection and Factor of Safety values
- Full structural report with screenshots showing areas of concern/improvement
- Component Design and Analysis if required
How long does it take?
- Scanning and generation of a CAD file is usually completed under two weeks depending on scanner availability
- FEA and Report is usually generated between one and four weeks depending on complexity of components