SCANNING & REVERSE
SCANNING AND REVERSE ENGINEERING
Individual Parts from £350.- (no VAT)
Bodywork CAD for CFD £1950.- (no VAT)
Why use 3D Scanning and Reverse Engineering?
- Measure a component accurately and compare against original design intent
- Create accurate CAD models of components required for CFD or FEA analysis
- Accuractely re-manufacture components that are no longer available
- Create accurate locating surfaces and features to guarantee new CAD components will fit properly
- Scan existing components and manipulate their surfaces to create a stronger, lighter, more efficient re-manufactured version
- Scan small objects and scale them up for use as large display items
What have we used this on previously?
- LMP, F1, F2 and Time Attack cars to generate accurate CFD models
- Gearbox Casings, Cylinder Heads and Cam Covers for creation of new castings and molds
- Induction components for creation of new castings and molds
- Saloon car bodywork to accurately design and manufacture panels and aerodynamic devices
- Kit Car Chassis to enable accurate CAD model generation for mass production
What do we include in the cost?
- Onsite visit to scan component
- Post processing of point cloud data
- Creation of surface or solid CAD models as required
- Component Design and Analysis if required
How long does it take?
- Scanning and generation of a CAD file is usually completed under two weeks depending on scanner availability.
- If Design is required, completion is likely to be four or more weeks depending on complexity and machine availability.